Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hello again, my friends. Sorry I did not get back to you last night. I wound up doing a double feature. We watched "Elf" and "The Preacher's Wife." Kata- you and DH should watch that together... Tell him to make the time one night after new years. Denzel Washington does a good job, and I love the story in general. I love the old one, too. Christmas movies are great... although I really did not care for "Elf" at all! Ferrell did a good job with a bad script, but that about sums it up in my book.

My folks are having it rough with some clients of my Dad's lately and I find myself wondering at the grace with which my Dad is handling them. He REALLY is showing them the love of Christ, and only Y'shua understands how he endures their attacks. I really struggle with anger when those I love are being maligned so. This has happened a lot lately to my close and dear ones. DH, Dad, friends... It is too prevalent. I pray that I can extend the love and forgiveness Christ has shown me to those who need it so obviously.

My LORD came to save those who could not save themselves, holding back nothing good from us, and enduring the wrath of the Father in our/my place. I am in awe and humbled. As I sit here on my Mom's computer in the room that once was my own, I can not help but wonder at the changes Y'shua has wrought in my life, and in the lives of those in my family. These walls have seen a lot of things... And I almost wish they could talk. For all the foolish things, pain-filled things, the down right stupid things that have gone on here would only emphasize the wondrous transformations the miracles of El Shaddai's love have manifested. I know I am rather serious tonight, but that is who I am under all the playfullness.

I try very hard to not let myself become hard hearted and "old." I want to maintain a child like wonder even in the mundane. The mundane is not so mundane when viewed through the eyes of a child. I miss when things like taking showers or washing dishes all had adventure stories attached to them. Y'shua showed us how He did that. He loved parables that turned the mundane things on their heads. Eating meals became symbolic and significant, laughing with children held special truths, a boat ride gone "wrong" instilled awe and wonder worth a lifetime's study. Fishing and farming, loving and sorrowing, anger and joy, baking and sowing... All of it. Every last word of it. Every breath, every heart beat, every thought... Worship and prayers. His life and love were the ultimate adventure from the One who created all adventure. Human words fail to express the merest breath...

How I love my Y'shua. How I fail Him over and over. I am glad He knows the depths of my heart and soul, and "loves me in spite of myself."

Loves to all, especially to the One who holds me in His hands.

No comments: