Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Colloquialisms and the Life of "X"...

Hello to all!
I hope you all have enjoyed yourselves since last we shared company. My dearest BF and I had a wondrous time this am on the phone. We talked in the usual circles and tangent-cies that circumscribe our conversations and lives... Oh! How I LOVE it!! =D (I am not familiar with a word that means the tendency for tangents, so I use that! Correct me if I am wrong, please.)
Among the many paths our words meandered perhaps the most amusing two centered on- you guessed it- colloquialisms and the letter "X".

It was not too hard for my BF to find the meaning of the Brit col. "sod" on her home-based DSL connection. (Yes, I am jealous, and doing not so well in not doing so... Have fun with me today, and just put up with my typed speech patterns!)
This led to the finding of a Brit/American dictionary/lexicon. I am still having fun with it, however, I think my fellow library goers are of the opinion that I have lost my mind... Perhaps you agree with them. Your choice; I'm happy.

We also talked about what she considers to be the under-dog of the alphabet, the letter "X". I just plain do not care for the letter, or any of the words that start with it, for that matter. They are either scientific words with definitions that leave you searching the meanings of the words in the said definition, or just plain words that need an "x" only if they are abbreviated. You tell me, please, if you find the letter "X" to be the useless, if complicated, fop I deem it to be- or the under-dog of the alphabet who deserves our respectful pity- Oh! Sorry! I meant admiration. *smirk* [I love you, my Dear, but I am sure we will agree to disagree on this small, if pressing, issue. ;) ]

Loves to all!

1 comment:

Rose McCauley said...

Dear Jennie/Kala, I saw where you posted on my blog and decided to check yours out. Since you had ACFW also linked I guess you are one of the 1,000+ members I have never met! LOL I enjoyed your posts and noticed that you post a lot on randowm thoughts which is what mine are, too. Glad to hear my post touched your heart. Hope we meet in person sometime. rose