Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Search and change...

Hello, my Dears and Sundry.
I am changing the look here 'cause I am tired of the old one. I wish I could change up my living room so easily... *Big sigh* Oh well. I have no idea how long this template will stay, so I hope you don't mind it.

So- how many of you are familiar with floriography or its Japanese counterpart hanakotoba? It is the "language of flowers" or "flower word." I have been doing my best to turn myself cross-eyed researching this elusive topic. I guess I should say topics, really. Very rarely do the meanings given coincide, as I am finding out.

Why am I doing this exercise in wild goose chasing? Good question!
I am doing my background checks on flowers in order to design a tattoo. I do not treat such a lasting thing with brash disregard for the symbolism. People may base their decisions solely on how pretty the design is, and that is fine for them. I am not so unbalanced. Life is harsh at times on this fallen planet, and we all struggle to overcome the sin within. Our beauty is fleeting as the flowers' bloom. That is just the way I am. I have to reflect this in my design. I am not anywhere near the realm of being "finished" as they used to call it, nor am I deluded enough to think so grandly of my mortality. "Beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised..."

I hope that I have made sense in any of this... Any which way you care to think about it, I need to sign off and give my eyes a break! Besides, I would love to do some reading in the car before I have to pick up my boyoes. Take care, and know that you are loved, and not just by me...

Loves to all...

No comments: